Friday, January 21, 2011

Some Help With Getting Your Lens Indexed

I was a little worried recently about my lens Gold Heart Necklace A Great Gift For Valentines Day because after two days it had not indexed in Google. This was unusual for me because usually my lenses get indexed within 24 hours.

I had done all of my usual methods of getting my lens indexed, some I learned from One Week Marketing and it didn’t work. I thought if I just gave it another day it would surely be indexed than, but no dice.

Now I don’t really like to do any serious back linking until Google has found my lenses, but on day three of not being found I decided I would just go ahead and do some back linking and see if that would help. If not I would just move on. By the end of that day, BOOM! Not only was my lens now in Google, some of my backlinks were showing up too.

The moral of this story is, if you find that your lens isn’t being indexed when you have used your normal way of getting indexed, try throwing more backlinks at it. It may be that Google thinks it already has enough lenses indexed on that same subject that has more authority then yours. But more backlinks to your lens may knock one of those other lenses out for yours to take its place. I’m just speculating here. I don’t know this for sure.

Hope this has been helpful. Leave a comment if you have anything to add or any questions. Happy Squidoodling!


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment