Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Some Help To Help You Make Money With Squidoo

I mentioned in my last post that I am always looking for and finding different ways to help me make money with Squidoo. Well one of the ways I found has given a whole different way of going about my Squidoo focus. You see I can be a bit anal about doing things and I put a lot of work and time into trying to get things perfect or near perfect. The problem is that it’s not always necessary for things to be perfect.

When I decided to get serious about Squidoodling, that need to get everything just right kicked in. I was spending days trying to get the right products and the right keywords. Then I would a day or two to create the lens trying to figure out the right elements and the positioning. And don’t get me started on how long it to do the promoting, trying to get all the back linking I could find.

The thing is I would do all of that and some of the lenses did make a dime. All that time and effort down the drain. Although, who knows they make money later on down the line, but still.

But then I recently found this post on SquidU that changed my way of doing my Squidoodling. The post is about a year old and in it Tiffany Dow, of TiffanyDow.com, challenges members of Squidoo to make one lens a week for 52 weeks and gives helpful tasks to do backed up with videos and a free e-book.

The tasks are simple and easy to do and are geared to having you relax and not worry so much about getting everything perfect, but still create a good looking informative lens that makes money. You do a minimal amount of promotion and then let that lens work while you create more. For the lenses that start to make money you can go back and do more promotion and add more to them if you wish.

Wow, what a concept! Go back and do more instead of trying to do everything at once like I was doing. How eye opening and freeing that is. I love it!

I have been following Tiffany for a little while now and she always gives good tips and helps a lot of people. A lot of times for free. I suggest you check out her blog. Also check out the 52 week Squidoo challenge post on SquidU. Although the post is about a year old, folks are still taking the challenge. You find the links you need in the post.

I also want to take some time to mention another thing that helped me with Squidoo and that’s Pot Pie Girl's One Week Marketing. This gave me an initial plan to follow that allowed me to get some lenses up on their way to making money.

I hope this post helps you to make money with Squidoo. If you have any questions or just want to speak your mind, by all means leave a comment. Happy Squidoodling!


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment