Thursday, January 20, 2011

My First Money Making Squidoo Lenses

I have mentioned before that I have been a member of Squidoo for quite awhile, but that I have only recently started taking serious efforts to make money with it. I mean I had made a little money with before from their revenue sharing, but it was only like a dollar here two dollars there, nothing substantial. But the first two lenses that I worked seriously and not half ass upped the ante for me and got me my first Amazon payment.

The two lenses in question were my Pillow Pets - Best Pillows For Kids and my Buy Pillow Pets - Pillows For Kids lenses. Now I’m not saying I made a big bunch of money from these lenses, but they did show me that I can make money doing this and they inspired me to do more. Hell, I have even been an Amazon affiliate for years and never made more than a few cents.

What inspired me to do the Pillow Pets lenses was a commercial I saw while watching a movie on the Chiller Channel. Here I am watching this horror movie people getting killed all over the place and suddenly there’s a commercial for these cute cuddly stuffed animals that turn into pillows. What’s more crazy is I liked them.

Well, I figured if I liked them there might be an abundance of people that would like them and want to get them for their kids. So I did the research and found that were looking for them so I made the lenses. What I didn’t know is that they had be out for a few years so I was a little late getting on the train.

Well, I started getting a little discouraged after learning this news and started thinking that these things weren’t going to sell, but the work had already been done. But low and behold, a few days after publishing those lenses I started getting sells.

I think this post has a couple of lessons. One is you can make money with Squidoo if you work at it whole-heartedly and not half assed. Two is, just because a project has been done by a lot of people or a product has been out there for awhile, if your research tells you people are still looking for it then it is possible to make money from it. Do the work and then let it work for you and move on.

I hope you got something from this. I’d love to hear from you so leave a comment. Happy Squidoodling!


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment